[FC] FC - Dual Master

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Jul 6 23:19:00 2004

Most all better glycol based brake fluid have corrosion inhibitors.  That
said, nothing will stand up to water saturated fluid.  The trick is to keep
all the water out of the fluid, and if it should become contaminated then
change it.  I find the cars go about 4 years before needing a brake fluid
change. FC's and the Ultra Van need changing every two years unless you
have residual pressure valves then the fluid goes about four years before
changing.  There is DOT 4, DOT5.1, DOT 6 and DOT 6.1 fluids.  All are
synthetic
glycols.   <http://www.wilwood.com/products/master_cylinders/brfld/tech.asp>
Jim Davis