[FC] Re: <VV> Front shocks early

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jan 15 09:48:00 2004

What year and model of Dodge truck is the correct one???? thank
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: VairMech@aol.com
  To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
  Cc: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 8:11 AM
  Subject: [FC] Re: <VV> Front shocks early

  In a message dated 1/15/2004 12:47:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
  jfwells@ptd.net writes:

  I don't know why I'm thinking this, but don't the 55-57 Chevy shocks
  interchange with FCs instead of EMs?

      If you want a current shock that is available and is a 99% fit for an
  Early Corvair use the Dodge truck. If you get the std shocks for the front
and
  the HD for the rear the car will handle and still have the ride that you
expect
  from an early. These same shocks work on the FC.
      This has been published in the tech guide but I don't remember seeing
any
  other articles about 57 Chevy or 59 caddy.
      Also the Dodge truck shocks are only a 1/4" to long so the travel is
  closer than any other shock available other than the repros.
      I know everyone has their pet shock that they like to use, But the Dodge
  shocks are in stock yet and don't have to be ordered anywhere.
      Ken Hand