[FC] fuel pump

Thu Jan 1 20:21:06 2004

Ben,
Your Ramp is a 61, right? Any chance you could have the "early" fuel pump
rod? That would be the only thing I could think of that would "regularly" destroy
fuel pumps. It might be something to look into...
I've spent the last two days "fixing" the blower bearing in the "new" 64
sedan... I replaced the "original" due to a very bad rumble... after replacing
EVERYTHING and starting it up I found the "replacement" bearing was WORSE! I was
trying to stay with the EM bearing, but I finally found a LM top cover, fan &
pully and replaced the replacement and now everything is fine...
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods, and best wishes this new year!
Later,
Lon

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com
BUY THOSE RAFFLE TICKETS!!!! They make GREAT HOLIDAY GIFTS!!!