[FC] RE: FC Brake Upgrade/Boosters?

Wed Oct 15 07:21:01 2003

In a message dated 10/15/2003 12:42:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
krupross@sunwave.net writes:
I wonder if there would be enough vacuum supplied
from only one intake manifold or if you would need to tap into both?
Couldn't do it with a turbo though due to occasional positive manifold
pressures unless you ran a separate electrically operated vacuum pump...????

    Most vacuum boosters have a check valve that only allows air flow one way
and that is out of the booster. I am not sure what kind of pressure these
check valves will hold.
    As it is there is very little room under the floor of the FC for the dual
master let alone a vacuum booster. Now, if someone wanted to really try, the
Hydro Boost would be the ticket. But I will say again, if your brakes are
working properly you don't need any kind of booster on drum brakes.
    Ken Hand