[FC] weight

Fri Oct 10 06:26:01 2003

In a message dated 10/9/2003 9:53:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bensbus@paonline.com writes:
I am wondering what the max trailer weight would be for a Greenbrier or
Ramp.  Would 850 lbs. be acceptable?  I guess almost anything is possible
for short distances...what have any of you towed out there?  I think
Smitty's trailer is at least that heavy, and he tows with a Monza wagon!

Looking forward to some input.

    With our "Ole Blue" we pulled a trailer full of parts all over the
country. I figured the trailer packed to weigh in around 2,000 pounds, and always
with a clamp on bumper hitch on a strengthened bumper.
    In doing this you become an 18 wheeler as far as speed and acceleration,
then even some of them will beat you. As long as you understand what you are
doing and anytime you get to the point of 50 MPH and full throttle you need to
slow down and shift into low gear so the engine won't overheat. We have pulled
many a mountain at 40 MPH in low gear.
    Ken Hand