[FC] Towing the GB

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon May 12 15:32:01 2003

A quick question - I need to tow our GB a short distance, about 5 or 6
miles on surface streets, no highway (top speed 40/45 mph).  I have a
"universal" bolt on adjustable tow bar I picked up at Pep Boys made by
Reese.  Now, can I just bolt the mounting tabs through the bumper guard
holes and be happy, or should I attach it some other way?  If this were
a longer tow I'd definitely do something better, but I just need to get
it home.  The front bumper is quite solid, not rusted out, and it's got
all the bolts in the mounts.

Good or bad idea?

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa