BSCC- A "MULTI-CLUB THANK YOU"

bomma at comcast.net bomma at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 11:45:30 EDT 2012

Greetings to you all,

I say it's a multi-club 'Thank You' as that's what this is. So many members of Bay State now belong to other clubs in the NE/Long Island area and beyond. I'd be thankful if the BSCC members in our extended CORSA family let their members know just how appreciative I am of all the help they provided in any way, large or small at any point through the Sturbridge '12 Convention.
Two things I've learned since last Tuesday is you can't please everyone and you can't put on a convention of this size without the help of many, many people. I know that this was an NECC Event but I was so proud of the way our Bay State members rose to the occasion. I was definitely hesitant when Brian O'Neill approached me 2 years ago to be the Deputy Chairman of this convention. I was very comfortable heading up our 'little' 102 car 'Clark's Fall Classic' show so an event of this size was well beyond my 'comfort zone.'
Our basic philosophy in BSCC is just to make people happy, be comfortable and feel welcomed . This comes naturally from our core group right through our membership and can't be faked; it's just the way we are. I realized early in the week that I was actually in a good position after all. If this convention was to be successful then those three qualities our club's success has been based on would go a long way. Those who attended this convention from all over this country and well beyond our borders may not remember all the events that were held but they'll never forget the genuine warmth and friendliness afforded them by all of YOU. I know I kid around and play 'the fool' a lot but for this you really have my sincerest of thanks.
There are just too many people to thank so anyone and everyone who helped out in any way, large or small please lean closer to your screen,......... everyone, closer !!.......... Here you go! You just got your first on-line GROUP HUG from your very appreciative convention Deputy Chairman. BSCC is the best !! Ray 'B'