BSCC- Sharon Leonard on Channel 7 news

sharon leonard shalibra at verizon.net
Fri Sep 2 11:04:05 EDT 2011

As of 10:30 am today, 5 days later, we are back up and running.  We were
lucky enough to have a generator to keep our refrigerators running - to heat
our hot water - to run a coffee pot and an electric fry pan.  We had lots of
neighbors food in our freezers because they weren't so lucky.

The storm took down 2 huge pine trees and the top half of another one.  That
one tore out the wires from our neighbors house and slightly bent her
gutter.  Our white PVC fence and a section of some stockade fence came down
with the trees as well as the main power lines for our dead end street (9
houses).

Needless to say we felt awfully bad about the neighbors loss as a result of
our trees.

Channel 7 didn't show the part where I talked about the inefficiency of
National Grid.  Grrrrrrr!

Sharon

  _____