BSCC- Selling turbo engine and '65 Monza

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 27 12:43:48 EDT 2011

Hello all

I have decided to sell the turbo engine I have been playing with and the '65
Monza coupe it is in.  I will sell either together or separately.

Engine - 180 hp - has 95 hp heads with top grade stainless valves, new valve
springs, staked valve seats, bronze exhaust guides, machined smooth head
gasket surfaces and valve cover surfaces machined parallel.  Currently has
Stromberg WW set up with custom air intake but will come with stock carb and
air filter.  New push tube seals, oil cooler seals, rear seal, variety of
new gaskets etc.  Wrapped exhaust to a 2.5 inch Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.
It runs good and builds boost.  With current carb it starves for fuel at
high rpm when boost is really coming on.  If I had time to resolve it I
would not be selling it.  If wanted it will also come with homemade intake
and Holley 'bugspray' carb that was on it when I got it.  That ran good at
high rpm but had hesitation off the line.

Car - black coupe with white interior (less interior rear quarter panels).
Body has a variety of repairs etc. and is not perfect - makes a good driver.
New - gas tank, gas lines, brakes (lines, wheel cylinders, braided stainless
flex lines, hardware, shoes, dual master cylinder), front wheel bearings,
left rear bearing unit, polyurethane trailing arm bushings, stock type
transmission and cross member mounts, upper strut rod bushings, grade 8
camber adjusting bolts,  seat belts, gauges (oil pressure, amps, head temp,
boost, tach), currently has 1966+ 3.27 differential with Saginaw 4 speed.

Engine - $1500  (I have almost $1000 in the heads)

Car  (without engine) - $1500  (the new parts are more than this)

If you buy them together you will also get the new throwout bearing, 6 puck
Kevlar clutch, Clarks bolted flywheel without inertia ring, and rebuilt HD
pressure plate (about $500 worth of parts)

For an additional $700 I will leave the Safeguard ignition unit in the car
with the O2 sensor etc.  (unit new was $950).

If you want the original turbo heads (which are in excellent shape) we can
do that too.

Give me a call or email if you are interested..  Please share with anyone
who may be interested.

Thank you

Mark Edmonds   860-774-1473  (Danielson, CT)