BSCC- Some Attleboro Events Starting on 7/7

bomma at comcast.net bomma at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 09:30:11 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I’d pass a couple of things by you. I was reading this week’s edition of the North Attleboro Free Press on the train this morning and came across the following events members of the club might be interested in.

First is North Attleboro’s Kids Day Festival which begins this coming Thursday, July 7 th . It kicks off with a classic car display on Elm Street with Crusin’ Bruce Palmer spinning the oldies. It runs from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. I’ve gone the last couple of years and Peter attended last year. It was a beautiful night and there were lots of cars there. If you’re going to go, I’d get there before 6:00 p.m. and get a good parking space for the car because it tends to get crowded! There are a bunch of rides and games for the kids and food and drinks are available. At the Kids Day food both, they sell hot dogs for $1.00 and a tonic for $1.00. But there are also other food booths there selling other items.

Also in North Attleboro, the Cultural Council kicks off a summer concert series next Tuesday, July 5 th . Concerts are held at the gazebo in front of Town Hall on Washington Street, opposite the Post Office and begin at 7:00 p.m. There are a total of four concerts, but the last concert will be on Tuesday, July 26 th featuring the Corvairs. This also coincides with North Attleboro’s annual Downtown Block Party which also features a classic car display. I’ve also attended this Block Party with either Kermit or Miss Kitty and it’s a nice time and again, lots of things for kids to do.

Anyway, just thought I’d pass this by you in case you want to send word out to the membership that these two events are going on. I thought it would be fun if we could get a bunch of Corvairs together for both events, although they do tend to get crowded and we probably would not be able to park together.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Fourth of July!

Cathy McCafferty