BSCC- Upcoming cars and coffee event

joe denapoli joex17 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 16:21:29 EDT 2010

Get well soon.
LPPH$

--- On Fri, 8/6/10, Sharon <shalibra at verizon.net> wrote:

From: Sharon <shalibra at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: BSCC- Upcoming cars and coffee event
To: bsc-list at corvair.org
Date: Friday, August 6, 2010, 1:52 PM

Celia and Paul,
I am sorry that we are going to miss Volkvair this year.  It is one of
our favorite shows too.
Chuck took a bad fall off a 28 ft ladder that he had up to our gutters
on the 2nd floor of our house.  He is very, very lucky that he did not
break anything other than a bone in his nose.  He has a swollen lip
with a lot of discoloration (looks like a hitler mustache he says) and
a very, very aching back which seems to be muscle pain.  We are
not sure how it happened because he doesnt remember but we
know that he landed first on a 4ft high miniature japanes maple
because that had branches broken and sharp points sticking up.
I heard the ladder slide and the thud of his fall - raced down while
dialing 911 on the portable phone.  He was unconcious when I first
looked out the upstairs window but was coming around when I got
next to him.  When the EMTs arrived he did not know his name, age
(and they didnt believe me when I said he was 70 in Feb.) etc.
He did not fully come around until they were putting him in the ambulance.
This happened Saturday morning at 8:30 am - it was beautiful - not
humid or too sunny.  Because he cant remember what happened
they did a lot of tests to make sure no stroke - heart issues etc.
He will be wearing a heart monitor for a month just to make sure
there are no conditions that they missed.  It is probably just regressive
amnesia from the concusion.  He is very tired and very sore when he goes
to roll over or get up but all in all, he is very lucky.

Im sorry we wont be there to have our usual good time but I know you
all can understand.
Sharon

Aug 6, 2010 01:05:13 PM, bsc-list at corvair.org wrote:

>xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"