BSCC- Why my passenger door doesn't open quite right

John Schwab johnws at warpmail.net
Mon Sep 7 19:58:02 EDT 2009

I thought the door hinge was out of adjustment and binding.  When I couldn't
get it adjusted, I sandblasted the door jamb and found out the structure of
the bottom hinge came from Bondo.  Bondo is pretty strong, but I think steel
works better.  Now I have to figure out the best way to repair this.  I had
new rockers installed in the spring, and I wish I had known about this issue
when it was getting the new rockers so they could have worked on it at the
same time.

Bondo is great stuff when used to fix minor cosmetic issues, but please
don't use it to fix rusted structural problems.

/John