BSCC- Corvair in E. Bridgewater INFO

rick macdonald rick4130 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 18:24:31 EDT 2009

Okay!

Funny how these things turn out. The '64 coupe in question is actually Adam V's old car, previously from Quincy, previously from Dorchester, owned by a few people in and around this area since then...

It's the coupe with extra lights, emblems, vinyl top, etc. from the Val Dorsey collection many moons ago.

Body has several rotten holes (patch panels included with sale), new carpet, (and other parts too)

Adam did a great job getting it running because it sounds really strong, idles really smooth.

Interior looks like it was re-painted with an old sock.  missing weatherstripping, but if anybody was looking for a cheap starting point to "maybe" restore, or turn into a decent autocrosser, this isn't bad I guess! These cars ain't getting cheaper, unfortunately!

The guy is looking for $800 but is really negotiable "if you promise not to crush it.." blah blah you know the deal!!!

BUT, he also has a really rusted '60 sedan that is free for the taking. big holes in the floor,,badly rusted all over and  certainly not running, but is totally complete. It's in a giant overgrown puddle, sort of like where Yoda lived.

The guy's name is Don Almeida, he runs a used car lot/repair garage.  508-378-8071
Weekdays he is there form 6:30am to 5:30pm

He is also restoring a late model CORSA, so I have given him the info about our club!