BSCC- What if Wednesday's weather is really bad........

Ray & Kathy Bombardier bomma at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 17:00:23 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

        Jim Bengiovanni and John Weigel sent e-mails asking what the policy was in the event of exceptionally bad weather.    I don't foresee the problems we had in the past at the old Bird Library meeting hall when there was a heavy snowstorm.   Over there we never knew if the lot would be plowed, it was on a side street and there was limited 'on and off' street parking.   At The Tavern, it's on state highway 1 which is off  Interstate 495 and being a restaurant, I can only assume they have a contract to keep it plowed, as it's open for business.   However, always use your own best judgement.  If it's still snowing like gangbusters and the roads heading to Plainville are in rough shape, don't take a chance; stay home.  Only once in the 13+ years I've been a member do I recall a meeting been cancelled.  (It was 4 years ago this month.) If it's very dangerous driving we will e-mail or call and cancel the meeting by 4:00 - 4:30 on the day of the meeting.  The last I saw on TV, the snow seems like it will end in southeastern MA by early afternoon and a mix from sleet to rain should follow.  At this time I would say the meeting is a go but this being New England everything is subject to change.

        If you do not receive an e-mail by late tomorrow afternoon, just assume there will be a meeting.  We haven't had a monthly meeting since November 19th so I'd like to get back on track if at all possible.   See you soon.   Ray 'B'