BSCC- ***NEW CORVAIR TIRES***

Ray & Kathy Bombardier bomma at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 09:35:16 EDT 2008

Hi everyone and Happy Halloween!

        Do you need to replace those really old or worn out  tires on your Corvair or do you want to upgrade to safer radial tires from the original 'old style' bias ply tires?  I have a new branch of Town Fair Tires opening here in Milford just off Exit 19 on I-495, 1/2 mile west on Route 109.   They are new Hancock Tires, (a subsidiary of well regarded Toyo Tires, (of which I had a set on my last Caddy that wore like iron). They're 185X80R13's with a 3/4" White Wall.  When I explained to the 'new' store's manager, Shaun Griffin, that I was the Club's President and that we currently had 108 members with probably 130 Corvairs he was more than willing to trim the price of the tires.  He showed me where they retail for $59.00 but said if you come in and ask for him and mention that you belong to the Bay State Corvair Club, he'll knock $10.00 a piece off the price.  He reminded me just how scarce these tires are becoming.  Not just the white walls but that tire size as well.  It's good to know there are a couple of outlets like this Town Fair Tire branch and Bill's Tire Barn on route 106 in West Bridgewater where we can get these tires at a good price.  Clark's does sell tires with a narrow WW at $69.00 each (plus S&H).
        If the Milford, MA  outlet sounds good to you, then call the that new branch of Town Fair Tires at (508) 422-9223 and ask to speak directly to Shaun Griffin, the manager, to order the tires in as they do not keep them in stock.  Shaun will then adjust the price down to $49.00 for you.  I believe he said he can have them available in 24 hours.  With new tires on your Corvair you'll have peace of mind; then you can really 'enjoy the ride'.   Ray 'B'

See you all at the last monthly meeting of the year and year-end Club Party, 7 PM November 19th, at The Tavern Restaurant, Plainville.