BSCC- Anyone have experience with Newport Concours d'Elegance?

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 13:11:53 EDT 2008

It's Memorial Day weekend at Belle Mer mansion. The Concours itself is on Mon. 5/26 from 10-4. Spectator admission is $20 per person. Has anybody been? Is it worth the price of admission? What's the traffic like?

I don't know if they'd accept the lowly Corvair as an exhibit car, but probably too late for this year anyway. The car registration form notes that there's a display for "Classic, Vintage or Special Interest vehicles" *next* to the Concours Field but I don't know what that costs. Their website doesn't seem to give too much info.: http://www.newportconcours.org/

Celia