BSCC- Update, Tri-Club trip to Rhinebeck, NY

bomma at comcast.net bomma at comcast.net
Mon May 5 16:42:16 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that all 15 rooms reserved at 'The Golden Manor Motel' for the NJACE groups Corvair Drive/Fly In, located at the famous Rhinebeck, NY Aerodrome have been spoken for.

I spoke to Trudy, the Mgr. at the Motel, on Sunday, to see if I could get any more rooms.

I said 5, she said a few.  The motel only has 40 rooms total and we'll have nearly 1/2 of them.

Remember, there are people from NJACE, CT CORSA, LICA, Capital District Corvairs, etc. all looking for rooms too.

So, if any of you folks from CNHCA, Colonial Corvairs or BSCC would like to join us for what's shaping up to be a real fun weekend, please let me know this week if possible.  To be fair, I have to say these few rooms will be on a 1st come basis.

The King Bed rooms have all been spoken for.  They have 2 queen or 2 doubles left.   Again the cost is $65.00 + tax per night.

Send NO money now; but they do ask that you pay on check-in.   All I need right now is a definate head count.

The list so far is about split between those staying 2 or 3 nights.   A loose itinerary is, check-in on Fri. July 11th.  Maybe bring some munchies and beverage of your choice for a little welcome party.  (They have a large room for this that holds about 30.)  Out to dinner Friday night. SHOW DATE is Sat. July 12th.  Sat. AM, choice of the motel's 'Continental Breakfast or the Eveready Diner is a minute away. Registration at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome (8 miles north of the motel) is from 9-11.  After the show, free time for a swim at the motel, browsing quaint downtown Rhinebeck's antique shops, what ever.  Out to dinner Sat evening and some will be heading home on Sunday.  However, it's not located so far away that you couldn't take in 1 or more of the great local attractions before you head home.   For the several that are staying over until Monday, Sunday you could plan on touring the FDR home, museum and library located directly across from our motel, tour the huge Vanderbilt estat
e just up the street or visit Val-Kil, the 'cottage' FDR had constructed for his wife Eleanor located nearby to our motel in Hyde Park.  The area is centrally located in the heart of the Hudson Valley Wine country.   There should be flyers available in the Motel office if any of you wish to take in one or a few of the many area attractions in this scenic area along the Hudson River.
I hope this spurs further interest and that we'll fill up the last few rooms.   If you're not already on the list and wish to be, please e-mail bomma at comcast.net or phone (508) 473-7026 to hold a room.

Thanks for your time and interest.   Ray Bombardier, BSCC President.

PS/  It's not too early to make your reservations for The Clark's Fall Classic Car Show.  The host hotel again this year is the Red Roof Inn, located in So. Deerfield, MA.  Call the Red Roof, (413) 665-7161 and mention Code # B289STATE to receive the same special discounted room rate we had in 2006, $75.99, (+ tax).  (The Greenfield Hampton Inn rate is approx. $150.00)  Thanks to you, we had 72 cars on the show field in '06 and '08 is shaping up to be Clark's and Bay State's biggest event ever!!