BSCC- FW: What's Happening at Owls Head This Weekend - July 26-27

Celia I. Raia cir at wjh.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:55:36 EDT 2008

*Hello Everyone:*

What a great week and weekend we have here at the Owls Head
Transportation Museum!

Presently, we have an F4-U Corsair (WWII fghter plane) here on display,
and more planes will be flying in on Friday.  The Corsair is one of many
that will be flying this weekend at our 32nd annual */Transportation
Spectacular/* (a.k.a. "Rally").  This 2-day event, taking place on Sat.
and Sun., July 26-27 is our biggest Airshow of the summer and is truly a
"3-ring circus" with fun for all ages and interests.

Activities include highwheel bicycle demonstrations by the Wheelmen,
model steam engine demonstrations, flyovers by the Museum's WWI
aircraft, over 200 antique and classic automobiles, and the spectacular
Aerobatics Airshow taking place days from 1:30 to 3:00 PM.  The biggest
highlight of the weekend will be the arrival of a V-22 Osprey - a modern
military plane that lands and takes off like a helicopter and flies like
a plane once it is in the air.  The Osprey will be flying in both days
from Brunswick Naval Air Station, and should provide a real thrill to
spectators.

/*This is _THE_ "not to be missed" event of the summer* here at Owls
Head/, so please help us spread the word and let folks know about it!  A
more detailed press release outlining all the activities taking place is
attached, and you can also check out our website for an up-to-date
schedule.

We hope you'll consider cruising up to Owls Head this weekend for the
most exciting event of the summer season! In the meantime, if you have
any questions, please give me a call.

Thanks for your continued support of the Museum!

*Cathy Hardy*
Director of Development & Community Relations
594-4418