BSCC- 110 engine for sale

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 16:41:28 EDT 2006

Hello all,
  Last fall my father purchased a Corvair engine from Corvair Ranch to give him something to work on over the winter.  He rebuilt the engine and it has been sitting in his garage.  He was thinking that perhaps he may come across a decent car that needed an engine or that I may blow mine up.  He has decided to sell the engine.
  When he purchased it from Corvair Ranch he had asked for a 110 engine.  After he got it home and the gook cleaned off it turned out it was actually a 95 hp engine.  He agreed to them sending him 110 heads instead of having to take the engine back etc.

  The engine had a piece of paper on it that said it had been running when removed from the car.  It is a complete engine.
  Here is engine information:
  Block # - T0106 RG
  Head # - 3856759
  Piston #  - 3819699
  Carbs were rebuilt and have 51 jets
  Cam is new from Clarks - #C785 (former GM #3872304)
  new Main bearings by Johnson
  new Connecting Rod bearings by Michigan
  new Rings by Hastings
  new Lifters by TRW
  new Bosch plugs
  Heads were checked for cracks, valve springs were shimmed per specs, everything was plastigauged as it came apart and was all within specs.
  Overall it was very good inside.
  Valves and seats were excellent - for the valve job the machine shop only had to "touch them up"
  It needs new bellows thermostats.  It has manifolds on it but they were bolted to exhaust, no studs, and one has a tab broken off and a washer had been used on it.  He picked up some new shroud pieces so if these are installed the shrouds should be pretty good.
  It came off of an automatic so it has the auto bell housing, but if you are putting it on a manual transmission he has the proper bell housing for it.
  Price is $1600, which just covers his actual costs.
  Engine is located in Poughkeepsie, NY.
  If anyone is interested in it let me know I can have him call you.
  Mark