BSCC- explosive weekend

rick macdonald rick4130 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 14:23:03 EST 2006

Weld schmeld, just use duct tape...P.S. I guess there is some new "gorilla tape" on the market that sticks to wood, concrete, anything!!!!  Wow!

Ray & Kathy Bombardier <bomma at comcast.net> wrote:          Dave,

          We had a Mechanic Class 2 (a "helper") in the garage at Hendrie's, (the company I worked 33 years for) and he basically did the same thing Rich did but he got hurt much worse.   He too was welding something using an empty barrel of Dri-Gas as a table and when it blew one whole end off the barrel, it damn near took his scalp with it.   Joe was unconscious on the garage floor in a pool of blood when one of our drivers returned from a run and stepped inside to write his fuel and oil numbers on the clipboard and saw Joe on the floor.    Joe was lucky that Tom came along when he did or he would have bled out.   They got him to the hospital, stitched him up and he was back to work the next day.   He looked like one of the guys in the Revolutionary War picture with the flag, the fife or the drum who had the rag wrapped around his head and the blood trickling through.   You've got to be aware of what you're welding on and I'm sure Rich will be from now on.   It must have
 been an adventure for your mother when you guys were kids.     Ray