BSCC- Clark's Show Update

Ray & Kathy Bombardier bomma at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 18:25:31 EDT 2006

Hi everyone!

        Dave McMillan has just e-mailed me the breakdown of pre-registrations we have so far for the Clark's Show.   One figure showed right up, only about 1/3 of our membership is
pre-registered.   Just so there is no mistake, even though we are the host club for this big event, all of our members entering their cars in the show have to register for this event whether we pre-reg for $15.00 or pay $20.00 the day of the show.   Of all the events we're a part of over each 2 year period, Clark's is the major fund raiser for our club's operational expenses.   As such, we depend on you, our members, to help out at this one event.  If you physically cannot attend the show there are other ways you can help the club out.   We need more small items to add to the 'give-away' bags we present to each registered participant.   We are planning on 80 and hoping for 100 show cars making this the largest Clark's Show ever so if you are in a position to acquire at least 80+ of some small promotional 'trinkets' we could add to these give-away' bags, please call or e-mail me ASAP.

        Also, if you cannot attend but wish to help the club out, we can still use any and all larger donations for our 'Raffle Table' or the 'Silent Auction Table.'   These items can be new auto related items.   For the Clark's Show 4 years ago, Joey Smiley walked into an auto parts store, told them we were having a car show and he was looking for a donation that we could use to raffle off.   The fellow turned around and presented Joey with a brand new 2 ton floor jack.   We're all not going to be that lucky but you don't know if you don't ask.   We'd more expect items such as car care products such as waxes, polish, flashlights, shop rags, pre-paid gas cards, or other accessories etc. or new non-auto related items that others present would buy raffle tickets on like Yankee Candles, Avon products, Dunkin Donut cards, 'chain' restaurant gift cards, etc. and lastly new items that could be donated for raffle or silent auction that children would be interested in having their Mom or Dad buy a raffle ticket on such as new games, radio control items, even matchbox toys.  If you need a club "letter of introduction" to acquire any items I've mentioned, please call me at 508-473-7026 and I'll get one right back to you.   Please gather all the 'give-away', raffle and silent auction table items you could acquire and bring them to the August Monthly Meeting so we can sort through, categorize and box up any and all donations to bring up to Clark's.  If you can't get there Wednesday night, just call me or any other executive officer and we'll make arrangements to get those items from you before the show.

Thank you very much in advance for your participation.    Ray B.