BSCC- (no subject)

Beardsley, Bill bill.beardsley at lmco.com
Wed Nov 30 21:19:18 EST 2005

Sorry Chuck & I couldn't make it to Pizza Night!

As some of you know, I've decided to part with my 1966 convertible. It
needs a fair amount of work and I just

can't get enthusiastic about it. I have a great sentimental attachment
to it, but somehow that doesn't translate

into wanting to spend a lot of time on it.

So, I'll give it to anybody inside or outside the club who will promise
to fix it and not use it for parts.

It's got the original engine, which started life as a 110, but I put 140
heads, sheet metal, carb linkage, etc

on it. This stuff came from another engine and the heads were rebuilt at
the time. There's no more than

20K on them, and probably less. The car was originally powerglide, but
years ago Chuck and his brother

converted it to a 4-speed for me.

A couple years ago Steve and I did quite a lot of work on it. All the
clutch pieces, including the flywheel, are new.

We replaced every bit of the brakes( cylinders, lines, etc), the exhaust
and the fuel lines. The carbs were previously

rebuilt by a member of our former club down here. So mechanically it's
great. The body is solid, but the left rocker

panel has holes and it certainly needs to be painted. The floors are
very good, I used to sand and paint them every year.

The door posts are fine. It needs a new top, and the top frame is off
and apart. The upholstery has one little tear, but there's

a lot of mildew.

So, it's a project, but it's a very good starting point. I sure hope
someone can give it the attention it deserves.

For myself, I plan to stay interested and stay in the club.  Maybe
someday a late-model 4-door that needs only

tinkering..........

If you'ld like to call me, it's 508-748-0851.

Bill