BSCC- Flywheel bolt interference

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 11 21:44:36 EST 2005

I finally "bit the bullet" and pulled the engine back out of the car.  Found that the noise was the heads of the bolts holding the flywheel together clipping the heads of the bolts holding the bellhousing to the block.  This is a new rebuilt bolted flywheel.
Guess I will see what the flywheel supplier has to say about the situation.
So much for having it running before cold weather sets in.
I see Clarks has a solid machined flywheel that is 2 pounds heaver than stock.  Anyone have experience or opinons regarding using this flywheel on a 140?
Mark Edmonds